***

Random Musings on Dogs, Photography, and the Vagaries of Life

Saturday, February 20, 2016

I'm ready for my close-up


Dog photo of the week: Yoda
 
I shot this photo several years ago when I was working on a book called Brindled Beauties. The canine model was a dog named Yoda, who was waiting for adoption at the Washington Humane Society. I draped a blanket over a sofa in an interaction room and provided a couple of large stuffed toys. Then I sat back to wait.

Like most pit bull terriers and mixes thereof, Yoda was an exuberant dog with unbridled energy. She spent a good 15 or 20 minutes running around the room and tossing the toys around...a blur of motion. But eventually she lay down on the sofa and gave me a direct, slightly over-the-shoulder look that brought to mind the iconic quote uttered by Gloria Swanson in the role of Norma Desmond in the 1950 film Sunset Blvd: "All right, Mr. DeMille, I'm ready for my close-up."
 
To see images of more brindled beauties, go to my website, DigitalDoggy.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment