***

Random Musings on Dogs, Photography, and the Vagaries of Life

Thursday, September 11, 2014

Fabricated Beauty: A Fashion Yin & Yang

It's time for my latest photo-inspired post. (And, yes, I realize it's been more than a week since the previous one.)

This photo--actually, two versions of one photo--is a close-up of the collar of an outfit on display in a fashion exhibit at the Musee des Arts Decoratifs (Museum of Decorative Arts) in Paris. Housed in a building adjoining the Louvre, this museum, with its ceramics, glass, jewelry, and other decorative arts, is something really special. And I was fortunate enough to visit at a time when an extraordinary fashion exhibit was there. From Chanel and Christian Dior to Pierre Cardin and Yves Saint Laurent, the clothes represented a "who's who" of designers and were gems that shined, both individually and collectively. A fashion-lover's definition of eye candy!

Back to the photo. The first version is a more literal representation of the garment, with its mesmerizing ripples and folds of black and gold. I couldn't take my eyes off it.




The second is my personal rainbow-colored interpretation. I like to think of it as the yin to reality's yang.




And for those of who want an additional taste of this extraordinary exhibit, here are a few more cell phone images. Enjoy!



 



No comments:

Post a Comment