***

Random Musings on Dogs, Photography, and the Vagaries of Life

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Happy Howl-o-ween!

Okay, let’s be honest. Although many dogs tolerate it and a small handful appear to even enjoy it, the overwhelming majority of dogs don’t particularly like the whole Halloween dress up thing.

Their people on the other hand seem the get quite a kick out of seeing their canine companions don costumes…even if only for as long as it takes to snap a photo to share with friends and family. And I’m certainly no exception.

Over the years, I’ve subjected my dogs to a wide variety of costumes, from cows and bumble bees to jesters and spiders to hard-hatted “workdogs” and even Snow White.

This year, however, members of my personal pack got a reprieve as I focused on some of the adorable adoptable dogs at the Washington Animal Rescue League. It seemed a logical way of promoting today’s special “Howl-o-ween” adoption event.

The dogs below may not have been as excited about the experience as I was, but if a few minutes of embarrassment helps them find their forever homes, I suspect they’ll forgive me.









No comments:

Post a Comment