***

Random Musings on Dogs, Photography, and the Vagaries of Life

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Marching for the Animals


I can't think of a better way to spend time than surrounded by dogs and dog lovers, so I'm really looking forward to the Maryland SPCA's March for the Animals this Sunday (April 18). I feel very privileged to be sharing a booth with author Jen Carle, where she will be signing copies of her new book, Becoming Waldo, and I'll be signing copies of A is for Angel: A Dog Lover's Guide to the Alphabet and Black is Beautiful: A Celebration of Dark Dogs.

Interestingly enough, Jen and I have never met in person, having gotten acquainted as a result of our books and on Facebook. It's just one more example of how my love of dogs and my involvement in animal rescue and welfare issues has led to new and wonderful connections with people I would not have met otherwise. My life is definitely richer for it.

The March for the Animals runs from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Druid Hill Park in Baltimore. Stop by and join in the fun. It should be a blast!

For details go to http://mdspca.org/events/mfa.html.

No comments:

Post a Comment